Friday 10 April 2020

Speed up your internet by 20%


Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like Windows Updates and interrogating your PC etc

You can get it back:

Click Start then Run and type "gpedit.msc" without quotes. This opens the group policy editor.
Then go to:
--> Local Computer Policy
--> Computer Configuration
--> Administrative Templates
--> Network
--> QOS Packet Scheduler
--> Limit Reservable Bandwidth.

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth.
 It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab i.e." By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."
So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.It works on Win 2000 as well.

By Tricks101.blogspot.com with 8 comments

8 comments:

I've been trying to optimize the Internet connectivity of my computer to no avail. When I call computer technical help, they advise me to change my connection to DSL because it is much faster. And I did so.

To increase the speed of the Internet surely You can use the steps above,Because it worked for my speed increasing process!! It's good to increase my speed of the Internet....Before using this tips My internet speed is slow,now my speed is Good ..My uploading speed 0.436Mbps,Downloading speed 1.032Mbps I checked my speed at here Ip-details.com

Good job! This is the kind of information that must be shared across the Web.Thanks for sharing.

computer repair
Home network support
Microsoft operating system support

This helps user refine the search term instantly, because the search results change as users type.
Microsoft operating system support
hp computer repair
dell tech support
microsoft support

Thinks this is nice it's working
my computer speed is fast with the help of command

nice very good

thinks for sharing

j'ai une astuce similaire sur mon blog astuce informatique
www.genisoft.fr

i like your blog

Latest computer 2016 2016-2017 In Delhi,India

Post a Comment

Free SMS Alerts:
Get daily updates of latest computer tips and tricks by SMS.
Subscribe Now